The Union Internationale de Pentathlon Moderne is the world governing body of the Olympic sport of Modern Pentathlon and 5 other multi-discipline sports – Tetrathlon, Triathle, Biathle, World Schools Biathlon and Laser-Run. The UIPM has 115 National Federation members and its Headquarters has been located in Monaco since 1997.
To create a global environment that enables people of all ages, genders and religions from all countries to participate in multi-disciplinary sport, testing their bodies and minds to the limit and aspiring to compete at the Olympic Games, Paralympic Games or whatever competition represents the pinnacle of their ability.
To preserve and build on the legacy of Baron Pierre de Coubertin, who founded the Modern Olympic Games and then created a sport especially for the Games that he hoped would represent the apex of athletic achievement. To protect, promote and develop Modern Pentathlon, a core sport of the Summer Olympic Games since Stockholm 1912.
- Fair play
- Anything is possible
- 4E: a global strategy to sustain growth from grassroots to Games:
- UIPM sporting pyramid
- By strengthening the base of the pyramid, with more athletes becoming engaged in UIPM development sports such as Laser-Run, we aim to provide stronger foundations for Modern Pentathlon at the top.
- Accessibility and inclusion
- To ensure there is gender balance across all UIPM Sports and work towards providing equality of opportunity regardless of age, religion or socio-economic background
- To develop UIPM Para-Sport with a view to joining the Paralympic Games
- To become an established global university sport
- To ensure our sporting movement is environmentally friendly through innovation and responsible use of low-cost equipment and resources, such as laser shooting
- To promote clean sport and protect clean athletes
The Union Internationale de Pentathlon Moderne conducted a branding review in late 2017 resulting in the production of two new emblems representing the growth of UIPM Sports with Modern Pentathlon at the pinnacle.
The marketing logo contains the tagline "World Pentathlon" which is introduced to the UIPM branding portfolio as a means of emphasizing the global reach of UIPM, which governs the core Olympic sport of Modern Pentathlon as well as Laser-Run, World Schools Biathlon, Biathle/Triathle and Tetrathlon.
The new institutional logo, which is primarily for internal use, aims to communicate the historic pentathlon family values aligned to the dynamic future of UIPM Sports. The logo features two original colours that represent the pentathlon environment: yellow (symbolizing dynamic development) and blue (standing for longevity and power). Gender equality is also reflected with the addition of two female pictograms.